The EB-5 visa is a great way for eligible immigrant investors to become lawful permanent residents of US. It basically revolves around enhancing the economic growth through the process of foreign investments. To obtain EB-5 visa to the US, the eligible applicant has to make a minimum qualifying investment of $500,000 in a qualifying enterprise. This investment needs to create at least 10 new indirect or direct jobs over a period of two years. You do not need any job offer or specific educational qualification to apply for this visa.
The EB-5 visa is slowly growing to become immensely popular in today’s times. It is formally known as the Employment-Based Fifth Preference Category or EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa Program. Although it is majorly used by China applicants (86% of the visas were issued in 2015 to Chinese applicants), Vietnam became the second biggest nationality and source of investor applicants. In fact, based on reports, it is found that from October to December 2017, the EB-5 visa usage for Vietnamese applicants jumped 190% year over year. It is only expected to grow as the years go by.
EB-5 Visa Benefits for the Vietnamese
There are many reasons why the popularity of EB-5 Visa is growing among the Vietnamese people. These include the following.
- The Vietnamese stand a chance to obtain permanent residency in the US in a faster and more seamless manner.
- An EB-5 visa permits Vietnamese residents to live anywhere in the US without any restrictions. It also comes with educational benefits.
- There are about 15,000 Vietnamese students that head to the US to study every year. These students continue to grow and grab new opportunities. This serves as a motivation for the growing need for EB-5 visas.
- The Vietnamese immigrants will no longer face the travel restrictions they are generally subjected to with a Vietnamese passport.
- It is an unwavering source of new US residents even though the country’s immigration policy constantly shuttles back and forth.
- There are around two million Vietnamese that reside in the US. These individuals have strong bonds with their family and loved ones in Vietnam. This makes an application for an EB-5 visa attractive.
These are a few of the reasons why the EB-5 visa proves to be extremely advantageous for the Vietnamese. Vietnamese entrepreneurs and their families looking to apply for this green card need to make sure they qualify for the same and can make the required investment in a commercial enterprise in a successful manner.
As everyone knows the new political era of US has created many hurdles for the foreign immigrants to make their way to the America. In spite of the strict regulations and laws, there is a remedy to get entry into the US. The EB-5 program, although it may end in September 2017 still there is an opportunity to be permanent residents in the US. By investing the $500,000 in the US business, you can acquire the permanent US citizenship through the investors visa. The following are some points which reflect the benefits of getting the citizenship through the EB-5 visa.
H1-B visa has a quota system that makes it hard for the professionals to obtain it for working in the U.S.A. for a temporary period from across the globe as people get visas through a lottery. These professional workers should possess the bachelor’s degree of nearly four years to work in the American nation for a period of six years and more. If the person has filed for the labor certification via petition I-140 or I-485, then authority gives the extension. It is an Adjustment of Status requires filing before 365 days of applying for the extension for H1-B.
EB-5 agents help willing investors choose the right investment options available in United States. They help in expediting their immigration into the U.S. by processing their paperwork and ensuring the process goes off smoothly.
If you are wondering what are the benefits of becoming an EB-5 agent or agency, here are two primary benefits that might convince you to become one.
Update: EB-5 Regional Center Program has been extended through April 28, 2017 without any changes by the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate.
Congress has decided to extend EB-5 Visa program without any reform till December 9, 2016. President Barack Obama officially expended the program on Wednesday night before the program was set to expire on midnight of 30th September, 2016.
This way the EB-5 world has had to watch these extensions.
- On September 28, 2012, the program got three year extension to September 30, 2015;
- On September 30, 2015, the program was extended to December 11, 2015;
- On December 16, 2015, the program was extended to September 30, 2016;
- On September 28, 2016, two-month-plus extension to December 9, 2016;
- On December 8, 2016, four-month-plus-extension to April 28, 2017;
Important Links for EB-5 Visa Program
In the aftermath of the 2008 sub-prime crisis, a lot of hotels were left without an option of raising money through issuing bonds or taking out mortgages.
Retirement is a time that all of us want to spend without having anything to worry about. It is a time when one cannot work like they used to in their youth, so income is generally limited or nil. And then, retiring down in a foreign country like the United States could be a dream come true for so many people around the world. After all, everyone desires a retirement that is hassle-free, peaceful, pleasurable.
As the US immigration process with a H1-B or a student visa becomes more and more competitive, immigrating to the United States is not set to get easier any time soon. In such times, the EB-5 visa is an extremely fruitful and quick option for students looking to live, study and work in the United States. It does not require any sponsors or supporters like other visas, and one can do it independently while also being more foolproof and reliable.
Often called as the ‘Land of dreams’, the United States of America offers a quick and convenient way for foreign investors to become lawful permanent residents of the country. It facilitates investors as well as their immediate family to obtain a ‘Green card’, as the permanent residency in the US is popularly called, in as less as 4 to 6 months. This one is however a conditional green card, while the full residency is achieved only after two years when the goals designated are met.