About EB-5 Visa Program
An individual investor from Vietnam who wants to settle in the U.S. and obtain a green card and citizenship can consider the EB-5 Visa Program. The program was formed in the year 1990 by the U.S. Congress to assist the country’s economy through capital investment and job creation by foreign investors. The full meaning of EB-5 Visa is ‘Employment Based Fifth Preference Visa’. This program offers multiple benefits to investments from these investors.
Benefits of EB-5 Green Card to Foreign Investors
The foreign investors can get various benefits from the EB-5 Visa.
- Receive a U.S.A Green Card fastest way
- A U.S.A Green Card for the investor, spouse and all the children under the age of 21 years
- Live anywhere in the U.S.A. without any restrictions
- Enjoy all rights and benefits inferred on the U.S.A citizens
- Fast track process for U.S. Citizenship after 5 years
- No sponsorship necessity
- Education benefits
- No H-1B work visa requirements for employment
The EB-5 Investment Visa Requirements
An investor has to invest an amount to begin a business for profit in the U.S.A. The minimum capital investment can be about US $1.8 million or US $900,000 plus the processing overhead cost, legal and filing fees. The options are:
- To either invest US $1.8 million plus the processing overhead cost, legal and filing fees in the country and create 10 full time direct jobs for Americans
- Invest US $900,000 plus the processing overhead cost, legal and filing fees in a ‘Targeted Employment Area by a regional center and create 10 indirect or direct full time jobs.
EB-5 Visa Process
A proof of the investment must be shown by the investors to the authorities to assist them to determine about the legal legitimacy of the investment and required documents.
Once the EB-5 Visa application is submitted and approved, the foreign investors and their immediate family receive conditional residency for 24 months (2 years). Once the conditions of the USCIS are fulfilled, they can apply for permanent residency removing all the previous conditions.
An EB-5 visa applicant can invest in a number of businesses. The applicant investor can choose to invest directly in a regional center or a new commercial venture. The commercial ventures or structures can include limited or general partnerships, corporations, individual proprietorship, business trust or publicly owned business entity.
More details for the process of applying for EB-5 Visa
At EB5Visa, LLC. we help and assist Vietnamese citizens to get the permanent U.S. citizenship through the EB-5 visa