Applying for an EB-5 foreign investor visa can prove to be an ideal option for certain categories of applicants. If you are looking for a better quality of life, or you belong to one of the following categories of qualified applicants, you should not think twice about benefiting from the EB-5 immigration program.
- Foreign Students: If you are already in the United States as full-time student you can benefit from the EB-5 visa program. Foreign students can continue their studies while their application is being processed and after successful approval, such students are not obligated to return to their countries. Even students, who have recently completed their studies, but cannot get a job or have a job but no H-1B visa, can apply for permanent residency through this program.
- Retirees: Pensioners and retirees, who have saved up substantial money and assets, and want to enjoy a better quality of life in the United States can apply for the EB-5 visa program. U.S. Green Card holders and citizens who want their parents to live with them in U.S. can also take advantage of the EB5 visa program, as it offers a speeded up the processing time.
- Entrepreneurs: Those who have the required investment amount under the EB-5 visa program and want to invest their money wisely will benefit from this program.
- Foreign Investors: Those investors who are looking to invest in real estate, set up a second home, or qualify for permanent residency, but are wait-listed, are ideal applicants for the foreign investor program. Foreign investors from countries which do not have an investment treaty with the United States and thus cannot apply under that treaty investor visa program is certainly be able to take advantage of the EB-5 visa program.
- Professionals: Professionals, such as CEOs or corporate managers, already in the United States are also eligible to apply for EB-5 Visa.
- Legal Working Professionals: The H-1B visa is limited to 6 years with no further extension after that period expires. People in the H-1B category can also apply for the EB-5 visa if they have the required capital – $900,000 for investment through regional centers or $1.8 million as an individual investor.
- Parents: If you want your children to study in the United States, you should look closely at the EB-5 foreign investor visa program. You and your immediate family (spouse and kids under 21 years of age) can get permanent residency and all benefits reserved for U.S. citizens, including in-state tuition.
- Skilled Professionals: Skilled professionals, such as doctors, who have not passed the U.S. MLE 1, 2 and 3, make very good candidates for the EB-5 investor visa program.
- Other Candidates: Other Foreign nationals who are usually considered ideal for the EB-5 foreign investor visa program are those who wish to fast track their permanent residency, or want to get in and out of the U.S. without the hassle of visas and constant extensions, or who have spouses, or who are already permanent residents.
The EB-5 foreign investment program is perfect for those individuals, who want to own a business, but do not want the day-to-day hassle of running and operating the business. This aspect can be taken care of if the foreign investor invests capitals through the certified regional centers in Targeted Employment Areas (TEAs).