EB-5 Program Continued Without Change Through Dec. 9, 2016 (Now Extended Until April 28, 2017)
Latest Update – As declared by United States Citizenship & Immigration Services on July 24, 2019, the anticipated final rule has taken effect on Thursday, November 21, 2019. The minimum EB-5 investment amount has increased from US$500,000 to US$900,000 plus the processing overhead cost, legal and filing fees for the project which is located in a TEA. For the project not located in a TEA, the amount has increased from US$1 million to US$1.8 million plus the processing overhead cost, legal and filing fees.
Update: EB-5 Regional Center Program has been extended through April 28, 2017 without any changes by the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate.
Congress has decided to extend EB-5 Visa program without any reform till December 9, 2016. President Barack Obama officially expended the program on Wednesday night before the program was set to expire on midnight of 30th September, 2016.
This way the EB-5 world has had to watch these extensions.
- On September 28, 2012, the program got three year extension to September 30, 2015;
- On September 30, 2015, the program was extended to December 11, 2015;
- On December 16, 2015, the program was extended to September 30, 2016;
- On September 28, 2016, two-month-plus extension to December 9, 2016;
- On December 8, 2016, four-month-plus-extension to April 28, 2017;