Latest Update – As declared by United States Citizenship & Immigration Services on July 24, 2019, the anticipated final rule has taken effect on Thursday, November 21, 2019. The minimum EB-5 investment amount has increased from US$500,000 to US$900,000 plus the processing overhead cost, legal and filing fees for the project which is located in a TEA. For the project not located in a TEA, the amount has increased from US$1 million to US$1.8 million plus the processing overhead cost, legal and filing fees.
Under a new rule published by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security(DHS) on July 24, 2019, several changes to the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program will go into effect on Nov. 21, 2019.
This final rule will apply to petitioners who file on or after the effective date. DHS has clarified in the final regulatory text that DHS will not deny a petition filed prior to this rule’s effective date (or revoke an approved petition) based solely on the fact that the underlying investment offerings have been amended or supplemented as a result of this rulemaking to maintain compliance with applicable securities laws.
The new rule bringing up to date the EB-5 program by:
- Increasing the required minimum investment amounts to account for inflation;
- Reforming certain targeted employment area (TEA) designations;
- Clarifying USCIS procedures for the removal of conditions on permanent residence; and
- Making other technical and conforming revisions;
- Providing priority date retention to certain EB-5 investors.
Increased minimum investments
- The minimum investment in a TEA increases to $900,000 (from $500,000) plus the processing overhead cost, legal and filing fees to account for inflation.
- The standard minimum investment amount increases to $1.8 million (from $1 million) plus the processing overhead cost, legal and filing fees to account for inflation.
- Future adjustments will also be tied to inflation (per the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers, or CPI-U) and occur every 5 years.
Targeted employment area (TEA) designations
- USCIS will now directly review and determine the designation of high-unemployment TEAs; they will no longer defer to TEA designations made by state and local governments.
- Specially designated high-unemployment TEAs will now consist of a combination of census tracts that include the tract or contiguous tracts in which the new commercial enterprise is principally doing business, including any or all directly adjacent tracts.
- Provided TEAs have experienced an average unemployment rate of at least 150% of the national average unemployment rate, TEAs may now include cities and towns with a population of 20,000 or more outside of metropolitan statistical areas.
- These changes will help direct investment to areas most in need and increase the consistency of how high-unemployment areas are defined in the program.
Clarified procedures for the removal of conditions on permanent residence
- This modernized role:
- Specifies when derivative family members (for example, a spouse and children whose immigration status comes from the status of a primary benefit petitioner) who are lawful permanent residents must independently file to remove conditions on their permanent residence;
- Includes flexibility in interview locations; and
- Updates the regulations to reflect the current process for issuing permanent resident cards (Green Cards).
Procedure to Follow When Applying for EB-5 Visa
- Contact EB5Visa, LLC. for a Free Consultation with assigned Attorney
- Register as an Investor and Complete Questionnaire to Qualify
- Review and Choose an EB-5 Project offered by EB5Visa, LLC.
- Proof of Financial Capability – Proof of Source of Funds
- Transfer Investment Funds into an Escrow Account
- Filing Form I-526: Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur
- Filing Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status),
form DS-260 (Alien Registration Application), Medical Examination and Interview
- Obtaining Conditional Permanent Resident Status
- Filing an I-829 Petition and Removing Conditions from Resident Status
- Application for Naturalization – Becoming a U.S. Citizen
Available EB-5 Investment Project
Courtyard by Marriott DeLand Historic Downtown
Important Links for EB-5 Visa Program
Florida is the most sought after real estate investment destination in the US. Myriads of tourists visit the sun-kissed beaches of the state every year and immediately fall in love with this place. Most yearn to have a permanent home in this exotic destination blessed with a booming economy, and a few lucky ones get to realize their dream. If you are planning to immigrate to the US through EB-5 Visa and planning to invest in real estate, here we discuss the six most compelling reasons to invest in the “Sunshine State” Florida.
It has a booming economy
Florida is the country’s 4th most populous state and has the 4th largest GDP among all states in the United States. Tourism is the highest revenue generating sector as the state host 97 million tourists each year. Other important revenue sources include agriculture, dairy products, and fisheries. Various other industries including aerospace, health care, international banking, besides government and military also play an important role in the economy. Several Fortune 500 companies call Florida home thus generating plenty of employment opportunities.
Attractive propositions for real estate investment
Real estate developers find it easier to invest in Florida as the state offers an amazing choice of property. You a wide range in hotels, condos, villas, single-family homes, and even land where you can build customized homes. What’s more, real estate prices in Florida are lower compared to prices in other states of the United States while the rentals are on a higher side. Hence, real estate investors stand to gain good returns on their investment.
It’s the most fun place to live in
This tourist-friendly city is the most fun loving state in the US. The state has plenty of attractions ranging from theme parks, sprawling malls, and awesome flea markets. The state is always abuzz with events and festivals to keep your spirits high.
Weather in Florida is amazing
Florida is blessed with awesome geography as it is a peninsula surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Straits of Florida. The temperature remains mild and pleasant most parts of the year. April and May are the peak summer months. While the temperature remains high in summer, the late afternoon or evening thunderstorms help to make the weather comfortable for the rest of the day. Winters are mild and the coastal regions remain slightly warmer. Thus, the “Sunshine State” remains fabulous for tourists for most parts of the year.
You are always close to the beach
If you are a beach lover, you ought to invest in Florida real estate. The state has five cruise ports with plenty of ethereal beaches. No matter where you are in Florida, you can hit a beach in 45 minutes.
It is home to several reputed universities
Florida is a promising state for students as it is home to some very famous universities. University of Florida, Florida State University, Florida International University, University of North Florida, University of South Florida, University of West Florida, etc. Besides, there are 28 community colleges and state colleges in the state.
So, whether you are a student, a young professional, a newlywed or a retiree, Florida is a place where you can enjoy life to the fullest. If you are charmed with Florida and want to immigrate to the US to live in this blessed state, EB-5 Visa offers you a fabulous opportunity.
EB5Visa, LLC. helps foreign investors and their families to get permanent residency to live, study and work anywhere in the United States of America through the EB-5 Visa program.
The EB-5 is a popular visa program that allows you and your family to get permanent residency in the US. By investing US$1.8 million as an individual investor or US$900,000(in a “TEA”) plus the processing overhead cost, legal and filing fees into a regional center project approved by the USCIS you can get Green Card and permanent residency in the United States of America. To know more about EB-5 visa program, Register with EB5Visa.com today.
EB-5 investor visa program
For foreign nationals desiring a permanent residency within the United States, the EB-5 investor visa program makes it possible for them to apply for a green card by investing funds into the local market. This program offers many benefits for foreign investors and their families.
To find more details for EB-5 Investor Visa Visit: https://www.eb5visa.com/investors/